Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Overwhelming emotions

Just to be clear, it's 5 days from race day, and my emotions are on hyperdrive right now--I find myself oscillating between tears and nausea as I think about Sunday and all that it entails to me. It isn't helping matters that I sent out a mass email to my friends and family over the weekend and now those replies are coming in--most of which also send me over the edge emotionally as they remind me of the amazing people I'm blessed with in my life. As a non-emotional person and one who is quite happy to be that way, this is driving me insane, but I frankly have no clue how to stop it other than wait patiently (or not so patiently) for Sunday to hurry up and arrive already so I can just do this and then have a major meltdown and then go back to my non-emotional self again.

The other kicker is that today at WW, I, for all intents and purposes, hit my goal weight. Technically, I'm still 0.2 lb short, but good God, that's rounding error in my mind. So, that brings my total weight loss to 111.0 pounds--when I saw the weight that Ed (our leader) wrote down, the only thing I could say was "Holy Shit"--which I then proceeded to say several times in rapid succession. I had a tough time reigning in my tears at the meeting, too--but after a high five from Theresa and a bear hug from Sue at the meeting and then a hug from Theresa right after the meeting, I was OK again. It was pretty cool, though--Ed sat down next to me at the start of the meeting and told me that he was thankful that he had been able to witness some of this part of my journey and that he was able to play a role in it...which of course had me holding back tears again. I'm telling you, I'm a trainwreck...but I guess it's all good under the circumstances.

I did my last pre-IM pool swim this morning and polished off the last interval session on the bike tonight--now it's just a matter of banging out a run and very short bike tomorrow to finish up the training until I head to Madison. Then I just have to pack...yikes...

1 Comments:

Blogger vardomom said...

Thanks for being in Julie's life and being her co-ironman trainer. I have SO enjoyed your blogs and thoughts and life changes. You are amazing; well, both you AND Julie are amazing. Wishing you the best in the culmination of your dream. We'll be there cheering you both on!
Love, Vardomom

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home