Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Week 26 Wrap-up

Last week was a good one for several reasons...the fun 15K through the mud on Saturday, the first outdoor ride of my season on Sunday, and, most importantly, my first ever massage on Tuesday night. Dear Lord, I'm glad I didn't know what I was missing before...because I'm pretty sure I'm addicted at this point and will most definitely be headed back for more. Jen spent a ton of time working out knots in my shoulders (which then hurt for the next two days but now feel awesome) and also spent a lot of time on my left leg, which I had thought had a tight hamstring but, as it turns out, just had some more IT band fun going on. All in all--wonderful experience and I now just need to be patient and wait for my next visit sometime next month...

From a training perspective, things went pretty well--my swims felt a little rougher than they have up to this point, but I still managed to shave some time off my 100 m repeats from the previous time I did them, and my strokes per length continues to hold constant at 17-18 spl. I think I'm attributing the slightly rougher training to a lack of sleep--started with some really crappy thunderstorms in the middle of the night Sunday night (and for those of you who know me, you know I hate t-storms) and ended with a full weekend w/ friends visiting, birthday celebrations, and, of course, training...didn't really do a good job of balancing everything with my sleep needs. I'm attempting to remedy that situation this week...

Here's the roll-up for the week...

Swim: 2:51:00 / 7600 meters
Bike: 4:28:04 / 70.21 miles
Run: 3:23:17 / 20.53
Total: 10:42:21 / 95.49 miles

Some other things to note...Sue went to the doctor yesterday and has a partial tear of her plantar's--way better than she initially thought, and she can bike and swim through her recovery--just no running. Great news on that front, for sure... Also, in the spirit of listening to my body, I consciously skipped a 40-min bike last night--was way too tired from the weekend and felt like sleep was a more solid option at the time. And Sparkle--fear not--I'm not making that one up...could be I'm actually learning how to go with the flow a little...who knows... Finally, I had a loss this week at WW--'bout damn time...but I'm down 2.6 lb from last week, which makes me very happy (especially after having to drag my butt up hills on Sunday, I'm learning that every @#$%! pound counts)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home