Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Good news...

Gave blood today at the blood drive at work...as per normal blood-giving procedure, I had my blood pressure checked--118/56, which is far and away the lowest I've ever had. Bear in mind that about 2 1/2 years ago, my blood pressure topped out at about 145/95 when I was actually even on blood pressure medication. Amazing what dropping 105 lbs and exercising regularly will do (and I haven't needed meds for 2 years--even better!!)...

I had to laugh, though...I was so stunned and excited about it that I popped into my friend Theresa's cube to tell her (she's also a WW buddy and is one of my key WW supporters)...for a moment, I had a flashback to the commercial where the guy goes around telling everyone that he lowered his cholesterol. Made me smile...

Easy 6-miler this morning--not quite as cool out as it was yesterday, but it's supposed to be mid-40's tomorrow morning for my 3-miler...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home