Monday, April 03, 2006

A Great Day...

Two things happened today that I think are definitely blog-worthy--more evidence that my life is very much different than it used to be. First, when I got home tonight and got my mail, my mailbox was crammed with stuff--it was apparently a banner day for catalogs and magazines. But, when I pulled everything out, I had to laugh a little--I had a Triathlete and two Runner's World magazines...just a little change from my normal magazine repetoire of Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Real Simple, etc....all of which, incidentally, I've stopped subscribing to because I found I no longer had time to read when I started training. Good thing I know some great recipe websites to feed my cooking habit...and of course the staple, Cooking Light, which will always grace my mailbox. Anyway, it was a pretty good dose of my new reality.

Also, and way more of a milestone, I bought size 10 pants for the first time in my life (actually three pairs representing two brands, so while I'm sure I'm still sort of between sizes, it seems like a trend is developing). Theresa (who has also had a lot of success with WW) gave me a pair of hand-me-down 10's a few weeks ago, and surprisingly, they fit...and after I got chain grease on a pair of khakis and needed some replacements, I figured I'd try some more 10's on and make sure it wasn't just a fluke...and it wasn't!!! Might not seem like a big milestone to some, but considering that size is less than half of where I started, I still haven't stopped smiling. Not a bad Monday, all things considered...actually, it's been a pretty damn good day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home