Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Week 23 Wrap-up

Last week was sort of insane, even though it was a step-back week for both intensity and volume--I was out of the office three of the five days, with two of those being out of town, so I had some serious rearranging to do to get my training in. I managed to get everything in (except for most of Saturday's long ride due to some tire malfunctions--see the previous post for details there), but I was wiped out by mid-week. I basically crammed three days of training into two...doesn't sound like much, I guess, but when the days involve multiple workouts, it gets tough. I did Wednesday's bike Monday night, Wednesday's swim Tuesday night, and Thursday's swim Wednesday morning in addition to my normal Monday swim, Tuesday bike and run, and Thursday run. It worked out OK in the end, but I was drained by Wednesday--so of course I then had to sit through two days of offsite meetings (and, you may recall, I gave up Diet Coke for Lent, so I couldn't even fall back on that to keep me alert). Thursday morning's run was good, though--Pat (my boss who is also doing the Muncie 1/2 IM) and I ran around the lake at Lake Geneva (the site of our meeting)--pretty if unkept path that took us through people's backyards and along the beach. We ran a little faster than I normally do for training runs, but it was a beautiful morning and a good run--we even managed to get some work done along the way.

All in all, I'm still pleased with how things are progressing. My swim progress has slowed a bit, but I'm still headed in the right direction from a time and endurance standpoint, and my run is still chugging right along. I'm interested to see how my bike progress looks after doing more of a road/trainer mix (vs. all trainer)--hoping that continues to improve as well. But, no complaints...other than I need to figure out how to get to bed earlier...but such is life.

Here's the roll-up for the week...

Swim: 2:45:00 / 7650 m
Bike: 3:51:51 / 44.59 miles (again, @#$%! flat tires cut things short)
Run: 3:19:07 / 21.08 miles
Total: 9:55:58 / 70.45 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home