Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Week 18 Wrap-up

Finally I got back on track, following several weeks of less-than-optimal training and one really pathetic excuse for a week the previous week...I managed to hit each workout last week and, in general, felt pretty good. The highlight was the bike ride with Vardo (read Tack and the Iron Maiden for the details), but I was also just really pleased to be back in a routine again.

Michele and I ran together Thursday morning in a fairly miserable drizzle/rain--as it was her first run following a bout of bronchitis, we had every intention of taking things slowly...unfortunately, both of us got talking and got a little fired up, so we ended up running about 9 miles at about an 8:40-8:45 pace...which is in no way, shape, or form taking things slowly in my mind. I'll take it though--we had some good chats, and the rain made it seem that much more impressive that we actually toughed it out and did the run outside.

I also swam 2.25 miles during one swim workout--that's the longest I've gone so far. Admittedly, it wasn't a straight 2.25 mile swim, but it was still a good boost of confidence that, barring some unforeseen issue on race day, I should be able to hit the swim cutoff and then some.

Here's the roll-up for the week...

Swim: 3:12:00 / 8650 m
Bike: 4:29:08 / 90.81 miles
Run: 3:48:11 / 30.08 miles
Total: 13:49:19 / 126.29 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home